[luau] Re:Governor's website

Virgil virgil at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Apr 2 00:54:00 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm not sure if Hawaii.gov uses plone or even Zope for their website. In
fact I highly doubt it.

Plone is a well organized CMS based on object oriented Python language. Its
main features are that its very customizable, and has a design that is well
structured and encompasses the entire site so that each sub page is in sync
with the main page. Its behavior is similar to PHP CMS sites like PHPNuke
but much more simple and easy to customize. Its also more secure than
PHPNuke and the admin can allow access to certain parts of the site for
customization on the web.

This site has none of that and its poorly designed to say the least.  Don't
like to be a party pooper but I'm just about tired of seeing Gov. Lingles
picture on just about Hawaii government related site. Our efforts is to sell
the high tech industry of Hawaii. I want to see real enterpreneurs on the
front page. I want to know what organizations are out there that support
high tech. Act 221 should be the main focus of the site.

I a bit upset because I wanted to see the hearings on Act 221 but was not
able to find the bill thru their search site search engine which took me
forever to find. When I used the search engine it didn't work.

Well I said my piece. Maybe it was just the long day that I had for being so
grumpy. My apologizes if I sounded that way.

Cheers,

Virgil