[luau] ssl

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Wed Sep 25 08:28:00 PDT 2002

There is something strange that I am experiencing with my debian installation
on an ibook.  KDE does not support SSL.  It doesn't quite make sense.  I
cannot open secure pages with Konqueror, and Kmail won't open my secure imap
mailboxes.  I like Kmail and want it to work.

I can connect to localhost through ssl.  Galeon works fine with ssl.  Mozilla
could open secure mailboxes.  It appears to be a problem with my kde
packaging.  Are any of you familiar with a particular KDE package that I did
not install with the desktop that could cause this?  I have hunted dselect's
(debian's terminal package manager) many choices, but to no avail.

scott