[luau] Oceanic Linux Mirror

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 12 08:39:00 PDT 2002

A high speed mirror is great.  However, my biggest concern is that, if
everyone is setting up high speed mirrors, then, as a result of human
nature, no one is going to pay Mandrake or Red Hat.  (I have been
enjoying greatly the speed at the videl mirror--sometimes exceeding
700KB/s--but, intuitively, I knew that won't last.)

My initial thought was, we should try to balance our convenience with
some effective actions to support Mandrake.  We can talk about this
subject later.