[luau] Oceanic Linux Mirror

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Sat Sep 14 18:34:00 PDT 2002

<I thought about this for a while, and I'd rather not do this at the
moment.  This would tack on an additional $1,500 for the cost of the
server>

If Oceanic can be firm on its commitment, I'll try to find the fund
or at least to provide (not donate, as I would like to be involved) the
hardware. I expect the final cost will be somewhat higher.

<and there will be far too many security and accountability
implications.  I'm too busy to deal with this right now, plenty far more
important things to do.>

You're already stretching too thin Warren.  :-)

What I originally thought was a very small "pilot" project, with a very
limited number of permission-only thin/thick clients, to basically study
the feasibility (security, acceptance, speed, etc.) and determine an
optimum hardware setup (cost and reliability) on the client side.