[luau] Oceanic Linux Mirror

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Sep 12 00:50:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 00:20, Warren Togami wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 23:39, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
>
> I don't think there is any possibility of an official Mandrake
> "franchise", but nothing stops us from allowing urpmi access.  urpmi
> works by default with any Mandrake Linux mirror.
>
> Linux thin-client via VNC for RoadRunner customers is a possibility, but
> we would need much beefier hardware for the server and permission from
> Oceanic.  This could have interesting educational and research value.
>
> Doug does this sound like a possibility?  VNC is surprisingly low
> bandwidth, and it shouldn't matter for RoadRunner people anyway right?

I thought about this for a while, and I'd rather not do this at the
moment.  This would tack on an additional $1,500 for the cost of the
server, and there will be far too many security and accountability
implications.  I'm too busy to deal with this right now, plenty far more
important things to do.