[luau] Oceanic Linux Mirror

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Sep 12 00:14:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 23:39, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
> If Oceanic is providing the bandwidth, perhaps we can try to operate on
> a grander scale?  E.g., a Mandrake Hawaii "franchise" (i.e., utilizing
> Mandrake's urpmi)?  Or even an experimental Linux thin-client for
> RoadRunner customers?

I don't think there is any possibility of an official Mandrake
"franchise", but nothing stops us from allowing urpmi access.  urpmi
works by default with any Mandrake Linux mirror.

Linux thin-client via VNC for RoadRunner customers is a possibility, but
we would need much beefier hardware for the server and permission from
Oceanic.  This could have interesting educational and research value.

Doug does this sound like a possibility?  VNC is surprisingly low
bandwidth, and it shouldn't matter for RoadRunner people anyway right?