[luau] 15 minute videl send delay

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Oct 23 23:41:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 23:24, Eric Hattemer wrote:
> Warren, is there something you can do to tune the speed at which this
> list processes and delivers mail?  I know its busy with ftp, http, and
> many other things, but while some mailing lists deliver my posts back to
> myself within 30 seconds, this one tends to take 15 minutes or so.  I
> feel like a dork writing nearly the same email that you sent out "15
> minutes" earlier.  But I didn't get it until after I had sent mine.
> Does anyone else notice this delay?  I'd be perfectly happy with just an
> explanation of why the server has this delay, not necessarily a real
> hack that'd make it faster.  If its "I have 300 people on this list and
> the mail router can't handle that" or something, then that's all I want
> to know.
>
> -Eric Hattemer

I got my last few posts within a minute of sending to Videl, and just
now I checked, the outgoing mail queue of Videl is empty so there is no
backlog of mail.

A few days ago I sometimes saw nasty pings of 2-3 seconds to Videl.  Are
you currently seeing that from California?

Folks, if you see these kinds of problems in accessing any resource on
Videl, please e-mail me so I can investigate.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com