[luau] 15 minute videl send delay

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Wed Oct 23 23:18:01 PDT 2002

Warren, is there something you can do to tune the speed at which this
list processes and delivers mail?  I know its busy with ftp, http, and
many other things, but while some mailing lists deliver my posts back to
myself within 30 seconds, this one tends to take 15 minutes or so.  I
feel like a dork writing nearly the same email that you sent out "15
minutes" earlier.  But I didn't get it until after I had sent mine.
Does anyone else notice this delay?  I'd be perfectly happy with just an
explanation of why the server has this delay, not necessarily a real
hack that'd make it faster.  If its "I have 300 people on this list and
the mail router can't handle that" or something, then that's all I want
to know.

-Eric Hattemer