[luau] Proposed list guidelines

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Mon Oct 21 09:43:00 PDT 2002

	Just my thoughts on this. When I first started getting into mailing
lists I violated every code of netiqette and got flamed like Johnny
Torch on the Fantastic Four because of it.

	I think if a list policy had been in place it would have avoided this
discussion as Edward could have simply been pointed to it. Don't lock
the list down into some nazi set of rules of what can and can't be
posted. Leave it open and free.

	As a result, I am sure Edward has a very bad taste in his mouth about
Linux users in general. If anyone knows who this guy is, then someone
should go to him and explain it and also tell him of the positive change
he has inacted on the list.

	Scott, I like the way you worded the policy, it is not harsh and it is
in passive voice. Which makes it sound like the policy is only trying to
help the user post effectively. I think you did a fine job on this. Your
a credit to the list. ;)

Jon