[luau] Proposed list guidelines

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sun Oct 20 14:26:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Joe Linux wrote:
>I don't think the mentioning of being "blacklisted" is very appropriate
>as it is sort of Klu Klux Klan like in thought an spirit.

You're right.  When I first started on the Internet, I received a few
emails from people who said they have placed me into their kill file or
whatever.  I never understood why they felt they needed to notify me of
this.  Like I cared.  I also never believed in such things.  I just can't
believe I let Warren get so deep under my skin that I became part of this
group.  I will delete my kill file, since I've never believed in such
concepts before, and I shouldn't have started now.

But it does get very frustrating when some very vocal members start
voicing opinions on the list concerning the direction of the group that
contradicts the goals.  Your options then are either to ignore it, which
might result in the group going in what I believe to be the wrong
direction, or get into a flame war.  In both cases, it is a lose-lose
situation.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org