[luau] List Policy

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sun Oct 20 14:14:01 PDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Joe Linux wrote:
>than just technical knowledge.  A leader has to be a people person , and
>good politician.  Leadership isn't insulting people for their opinion
>when they have solicited opinions in the first place.  I find it
>extremely offensive to be labeled a "troll" whatever that is in techno
>jargon.  I like the members of the Luau group, and see it as an
>organization which has great potential to promote "open source" in
>Hawaii.

I should point out, Warren is the leader of the MPLUG.  I don't know if
LUAU actually has a leader.  We tried to setup an official organization,
but the members simply didn't have enough time to dedicate to the group.
I never heard from it again.

Warren came along, started MPLUG, and tried to convince the members of
LUAU to switch to his own mailing list.  When that failed, he just moved
the entire list over to his server when the previous host couldn't provide
the processor time and disk space.  No one wanted the LUAU mailing list to
just disappear, so no one complained.  I'm not sure if this is sufficient
reason to call Warren the LUAU leader.  Its his right to dictate list
policy, but I don't think LUAU has a leader, and the members seem to do
fine without one.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org