[luau] List Policy

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Oct 17 18:20:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 18:07, Dustin Cross wrote:

> A user asking for help with open source, no matter if they are a home user
> or an individual looking to pay someone to help them set up their business
> with open source is not SPAM.
>
> Someone that advertises for their new opensource friendly ISP or training
> facility is in the gray area, but so long as they don't over do it, it
> should be considered a problem.

I am in total agreement here.

> But hey, this is just the opinion of someone who gets well over 100 SPAM e-
> mails per day, not to mention the 100 or so messages I get from lists I
> subscribe to.  There is a down side to having the same e-mail address for
> seven years.
>
> Dusty

What MDA do you use for mail delivery?  You may want to consider
SpamAssassin for spam filtering.  It does a very good job of filtering
and is very configurable.  I use it at home in conjunction with
procmail, but it should work fine with other MDA's too.

http://www.spamassassin.org

Warren