[luau] List Policy

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Thu Oct 17 18:00:01 PDT 2002

Aloha,

I think SPAM is pretty obvious.  Someone sending e-mail about joining thier
porn site or send them $50 for their get rich quick program, that is SPAM.

A user asking for help with open source, no matter if they are a home user
or an individual looking to pay someone to help them set up their business
with open source is not SPAM.

Someone that advertises for their new opensource friendly ISP or training
facility is in the gray area, but so long as they don't over do it, it
should be considered a problem.

But hey, this is just the opinion of someone who gets well over 100 SPAM e-
mails per day, not to mention the 100 or so messages I get from lists I
subscribe to.  There is a down side to having the same e-mail address for
seven years.

Dusty