[luau] List Policy

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Thu Oct 17 17:28:03 PDT 2002

Dustin Cross wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> Come on guys, this has been blown WAY out of proportion!  This was someone
> asking for help.  The second guy said he heard about linux from the CompUSA
> thing and wanted help.  This list used to be about helping people and not
> chastising them for asking for help!  It is okay to give someone free help,
> but insulting if they offer to pay a little money?
>
> This list used to be about talking about open source and helping each other
> learn new things about open source, no matter if they are newbies or geeks
> who have been using Unix since it only ran on a PDP-11.
>
> I think we need to calm down a little, this is supposed to be about
> building the open source community in Hawaii, isn't it?
>
> Dusty

############

 Mahalo Dusty,

At last a reasonable voice. I believe the person was only asking for
help too.

By the way there are some people on this list who send two or three mail
postings each time they make a comment. I don't think it is intentional
or spam. In fact it has been discussed a couple of times in the past.
Maybe something in our sign up mail program is doing this.

Maybe Ray or some one familiar with the mail to the list program could
source the problem.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043