[LinuxBusinessHawaii] Re: [luau] OpenSourceAdvocates

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Oct 13 16:51:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 15:45, Jimen Ching wrote:

> I am curious.  What do you and Warren believe is the goal of these
> efforts?  It seems like both of your are stuck on this 'compete on merits'
> issue.  It is hard for me to believe the _government_ cares about such
> things.  I hope this issue does not take up as much of the governments
> time as it is taking up our time.

I feel that the effort in California is very unrealistic and will not
pass, but their real goal is publicity, and they are successful in that.

I do feel that the 'compete on merits' part as being far more important
than anything else here, but I respect that others may have a differing
opinion.

Warren