[LinuxBusinessHawaii] Re: [luau] OpenSourceAdvocates

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Sun Oct 13 15:58:00 PDT 2002

What exactly do you believe the government cares about?  I don't see why
the govt. wouldn't want to run the best software possible at the lowest
cost (as long as their cousin can still get a job in their department).
And I'm confused as to the last sentence, as though this discussion has
taken up so much of our time is troubling to you.  Really, if this is
wasting your time, you can ignore it and stop reading.  I was figuring
that by considering all viewpoints and expertise of the list members,
that we might all learn something and gain a firm and educated view on
how legislation and policy should go.  I would hope the issue is as
carefully considered by the government and does in fact take up some of
their time.  A lot of them certainly aren't too busy with anything more
important.

-Eric Hattemer