[luau] OpenSourceAdvocates

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Thu Oct 10 20:58:00 PDT 2002

On 10 Oct 2002, Warren Togami wrote:
>On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 00:16, Jimen Ching wrote:
>> As Ron said in an earlier post, people don't choose software on merit,
>> they choose software out of fear.  The only way people will learn to use
>> any new software is if the software is placed in front of them.  Perhaps
>> if you let Scott Belford demonstrate his POS terminal like we planned,
>> some people might have seen that a simple ANSI display is as easy to use
>> as any GUI.
>I disallowed Scott from demonstrating his POS terminal?  I did no such
>thing.

Sorry.  When I asked Scott whether he finished his POS terminal
presentation, he said no and he was preparing to shutdown the POS server.
Since the presentations were ending, I assumed there won't be a POS
terminal demonstration.  If that's not the case, then I appologize.  I'm
glad it got some presentation time.

So what did you think of the POS demo?  I thought the app. was very simple
for something that is used by a chain store.  That is a good thing.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org