[luau] OpenSourceAdvocates

linuxdan linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 10 18:10:00 PDT 2002

> On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 00:16, Jimen Ching wrote:
> > As Ron said in an earlier post, people don't choose software on merit,
> > they choose software out of fear.  The only way people will learn to use
> > any new software is if the software is placed in front of them.  Perhaps
> > if you let Scott Belford demonstrate his POS terminal like we planned,
> > some people might have seen that a simple ANSI display is as easy to use
> > as any GUI.
>
> I disallowed Scott from demonstrating his POS terminal?  I did no such
> thing.

   I think it should be said that we need to meet more without any excuses
to work as a team to demonstrate the resources available under open source.
I saw some great things come out of Sundays demo that involved teamwork.  No
one player can function successfully on their own.  There can not be any
last minute decisions or changes which mean that decisions made during the
meeting prior to the demos  should take presedence.
    Anyone who doesnt show up for those meetings should yield to those who
have committed themselves to planning
the demo.  Everyones talent and expertise should be taken into account and
if they show up for the meetings they should be allowed to participate. What
other reason would anyone want to be part of a group or team.