[luau] OpenSourceAdvocates

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Oct 10 21:39:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 20:58, Jimen Ching wrote:
> >I disallowed Scott from demonstrating his POS terminal?  I did no such
> >thing.
>
> Sorry.  When I asked Scott whether he finished his POS terminal
> presentation, he said no and he was preparing to shutdown the POS server.
> Since the presentations were ending, I assumed there won't be a POS
> terminal demonstration.  If that's not the case, then I appologize.  I'm
> glad it got some presentation time.
>
> So what did you think of the POS demo?  I thought the app. was very simple
> for something that is used by a chain store.  That is a good thing.
>
> --jc

I do admit that I forgot to ask Scott to show the POS demo during the
Enterprise presentation, though I don't remember if he was in the room
at the time.  In any case, turnout was incredibly poor and by that time
people were leaving, almost nobody left in the audience. =(

I think Scott was showing the POS interface to some folks on the demo
machines outside the presentation room.  I didn't get a chance to ask
how that went.

Overall I'm afraid the entire day was mainly preaching to the choir.
Almost everyone that showed up already used Linux.  We made a few new
good contacts and list subscribers, and a few new converts too... but
I'm afraid CompUSA wouldn't do that again unless we can guarantee a much
larger turnout.