[luau] Harsh review of RH 8

Alvin Murphy amurphy at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Oct 1 11:39:01 PDT 2002

I agree with everything you say about Mandrake. The only problem I am having
which went better in RH7.3 is getting files from other machines using smb
with nautilus or Konqueror. With RH7.3 typing "smb://<other machine> would
bring up all the shares, and also the option "copy to" and would copy to my
home directory or anywhere with out a lot of password hassle. In Mdk 9,
there is no such option, have to use copy to clipboard, and it seems to not
accept any password I throw at it. Otherwise great.