[luau] Searching for text string in across source files

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Tue Oct 1 13:41:00 PDT 2002

Aloha folks.

I'm trying to change some source in PostNuke, but can't seem to find the
file that holds the source I'm trying to change. I've searched and tried
the IRC channels but haven't found an answer yet.

However, I do know some of the unique text I'd like to change in the
source file (basically changing the create an account message that comes
up in the user login block). I just can't seem to navigate my way to it
from the shell and I've gotten lost trying to walk the PHP source tree
(mostly because I'm still a newb at PHP and the comments in Postnuke
sometimes aren't as helpful as my addled brain needs)

I know there must be a way to search multiple files (or even a directory
recursively) for a string of text. I just have not done it before from the
shell. Could someone enlighten me with appropriate methods for doing this?

Grepping all the files individually sounds tedious at best :)

Thanks in advance,
	Sharky