[luau] Creative DVD-Rom and Ogle

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Sun Nov 24 01:45:00 PST 2002

With all due respect to a Linux guru who knows much more than I, the
problem is probably due to DMA being turned off by default.  On my first
RH 8.0 machine, I was frustrated with the very same problem for several
hours until I found instructions for turning on DVD DMA on freshrpms.net
at http://freshrpms.net/docs/dvd/ .  Warren has placed the same info on
his RH 8.0 tricks page on the MPLUG wiki.

Good luck,
-Jeff