[luau] "Clogged" Linksys router

Mathisha mathisha at hawaii.rr.com
Wed May 29 17:42:01 PDT 2002

I took telnet off my machine (paranoa I guess). I don't have a serial
port but I'll try to telnet (once I get it installed). I wonder if the
router is getting any sort of signal at all. The cable modem's PC light
would not light up with the router knocked out. With the router in DHCP
mode it made the modem think the router was a PC.  Which makes me wonder
if the router is externally detecable.

The power cycling thing was the first thing I tried. Even left it
unpluged for a day or two without success. Linksys annoyingly supports
only M$ OSes :( I'm wondering how to get the firmware intalled if I
can't connect to the router. Havn't messed with firmware embeded OS
stuff before.

Hope the router is not fried :(

Mathisha