[luau] Hat 7.3 / Drake 8.2 / Simplicity

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Mon May 27 09:53:01 PDT 2002

Well I disagree about paying to have questions answered.  We are here as
a group to help each other.  I have helped you, you have helped me.  I
have helped Warren, he has helped me.  That's the way it should be.
 While the goal of running Windows software on a Linux system is a noble
one, I would rather see Linux become very strong in the user friendly
department and thus attract more users.  With a a large user base there
should be more incentive for good native Linux software.  I'm actually
rather committed to just running native Linux stuff and forgetting the
rest.  The reason I say this is that I had a Mac PPC 6160 Dos
Compatible.  It actually had a 486 processor in it and the two
processors booted simultaneously.  What it taught me is that one
operating system running under the control of another one is not the
best of solutions as it it overly complex.  In the 60's there were a lot
two engine top fuel dragsters, but now all the records are set by cars
running just a single engine.  The Indy Racing League started up and one
of the changes they made was to remove the turbo chargers from the cars.
 Now the qualifying field for this year's Indy 500 was the fasted ever
by quite a few MPH.  Wine and crossover may be good in the short term,
but they are bad in the long term.  But to each his own.  If you want to
struggle with an overly complex system go right ahead, but I prefer a
car with hand crank windows and a standard transmission.