[luau] Aloha all / Hat 7.3 / Drake 8.2

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Sun May 26 09:42:00 PDT 2002

I would like to suggest you download or install Mandrake 8.2 instead and
be sure to set the security level in Mandrake to "high."
Having experimented extensively with RedHat 7.3 and actual successfully
used Mandrake 8.2 actually from beta 2; I can honestly attest to the
fact that Mandrake will be a much better end user experience.

Since Warren accuses me of making statements without supporting
arguments, here are the facts:

Mandrake 8.2 will most likely be easier to install than RedHat 7.3

Mandrake 8.2 has a more functional Control Panel  than RedHat 7.3

It's easier to set up a wheel mouse in Mandrake 7.3.

Mandrake has a very nifty Windows style installer for auxiliary software.

Based on my experience Mandrake 8.2 is far more stable than RedHat 7.3
as RedHat 7.3 can at best only be described as bizarre.

Mandrake has a wider choice of GUI's, specifically ICEwm, which is fast,
stable,  fully configurable, and very user friendly once configured
properly.

KDE 3 (RedHat) is very nice looking but seems to exhibit instability
unless the cause is actually something else, but it's hard to tell
because  RedHat gives you very limited choice of GUI's and doesn't even
include one of the very best.

These are my personal opinions, if you disagree, post your reasons but
don't counter my thoughts with arguments that I have poor attitude and
so on..