[luau] subnet problem

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri May 24 13:55:01 PDT 2002

Ronnie T Livingston wrote:

> I sort of asked this question before but I've reworded it hoping I will
> get a better response.  Is there a reason that my Web Server cannot be
> accessed by any machines on the same sub network??  I can't view webpages,
> cannot remotely login, cannot ping.  There is no problem hitting this
> machine from anywhere else.
>
> any ideas would be much appreciated,
> Ronnie
>
> Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.  -H.Jackson Brown, Jr.

HI Ronnie,

Are you using fixed IP's for your LAN?

I had a similar problem and when I added in the IP's to yhr
hosts file that fixed it for going between local boxes. Can
you ping between local boxes?
--
 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small