[luau] Verizon DSL

Roderick Gammon, Ph.D. (AEG, Inc.) AEG-Inc at hawaii.rr.com
Thu May 16 01:54:18 PDT 2002

I've also had Verizon/Pixi for about 2 years.  It's been reliable and Pixi
have come to be helpful to linux questions (as has luau).  Pixi also handles
all billing, even Verizon's, sending an email whenver I'm debited.  Very
convenient.

I get a static ip and use it to publish websites (leprogres.org) with no
problem.

Haven't explored download performance really, only download package updates,
and mainly use it to publish.

But I am very satisified and if cost and technicality isn't a problem, I
recommend it over roadrunner.  RR is good for people who don't want to worry
about details, but the shared pipe can really lag at times, especially in
high rise apartment buildings.

-rg