[luau] Verizon DSL

Jan Daniel Semrau jsemrau at campus.hpu.edu
Thu May 16 00:16:43 PDT 2002

Aloha,
my DSL experience is only residential, and I ordered the bronze plus
1.5MB/128 KB svc.
First, we got dynamic IP's. Second I like the possibility that I can
have an intranet connected to the internet,
without paying for every node. Although owning only a hub, the transfer
rate dropped dramatically when all of us were connected. Another
drawback to DSL was, that although I ordered bronze plus, the
downstream never exceeded 70KB/s. But, maybe the lines were just old in
that building, or we were too far away from the transmitter.
In conclusion, DSL sure is convenient, but the DSL spam/telephone
marketing hassle and the downstream variance are a problem.