[luau] [Fwd: Re: [CLUE-Tech] Opera 6]

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu May 16 23:06:18 PDT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Tech] Opera 6
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:16:45 -0600
From: Sean Reifschneider <jafo at tummy.com>
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 08:55:37AM -0600, charlie oriez wrote:
>Anyone install Opera 6 yet? Any feedback?

It puts the "Uck" in "Sucks"...  I tried it last night and things I didn't
like:

   It crashed after less than half an hour use.  In comparison, Galeon
         has been re-started once in the last 30 days on my main box.
   It takes up quite a bit of screen real-estate, leaving little for the
         content.

The only thing I really like about Opera is that moving back and forward
between pages is *REALLY* fast.  Galeon will do a re-load of some content
(probably because the remote site has a really agressive expiry time),
where Opera keeps a rendered copy of the page.

Galeon is really sweet.  6 months ago when I last tried Opera, I almost
switched over to it.  Last night, I deleted it after it crashed and just
went back to using Galeon...

Sean
--
 "I'll thrash you like a Netscape process on a machine with 640K."
                 -- John Shipman, 1998