[luau] MacOS X Questions

Roderick Gammon, Ph.D. (AEG, Inc.) AEG-Inc at hawaii.rr.com
Thu May 9 00:17:39 PDT 2002

For number 2- I use MacSftp, which is shareware.  It is pretty good, having
used winScp before.  You get a dialog requesting host, user, pass, and
target dir, and option to save it to keychain.  It opens a file folder, ahem
'finder' window, then you can drag and drop to/from the remote folder.
Pretty straightforward, installed and used without a hitch.

Downside, honestly, is that it costs money.  It is a 'paltry' $25.  This is
cool and I don't mind paying it.  But it takes getting used to after
'freewheeling' open source access, and the wide variety of free stuff for
windows (is winSCP actually free, or is OS X shareware nagging better?)

That said, it always _was_ free but not as in beer, and I look forward to
trying to profit in the Mac Shareware market.

Just don't expect to find a lot of free stuff for OS X, unless its actually
for BSD.  Expect to find a lot of 2-3 week gratis shareware.  Please prove
me wrong.

Best-
Rg