[luau] Hawaii Wi-Fi

whenever whatever at whoever.net
Sat Mar 30 20:34:04 PST 2002

	There could be a problem when 2 APs are close to each other when you have
over laps on the covering area, and most likely they are using the same
channel, how will your client machine handle this? I think their idea of
using 24 bits of the mac address to calculate IP is better, this way none of
the client will have conflict because dhcpd assigning the ip, then change the
ipfilters to allow traffics, static ip could be a bad idea on this part. I
have been thinking about doing this a while back, if we have enought people
working on this project, we could bridge all the AP that's close to each
other, that way we could eliminate some problems.  Your idea of using only
one dhcpd to manage all the client sound good.
	I will get an external anntenna and an 1Watt bi-directional AMP if more
people willing to do this.  Have anybody done any war driving on this island?
 I had kismet(http://www.kismetwireless.net/index.shtml) setup on my laptop
but don't have time to do it yet, so all I see is my own AP now. Oh, I am
still having problems try to get my Garmin GPS to work in Linux.