[luau] Linux Based POS Systems Increase 80% in 2001

Dean Fujioka surfdean at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Mar 28 10:29:08 PST 2002

Several stores that we support / have installed (as well as other POS VARs)
use Linux as the server technology.  As Jeff suggests, Counterpoint does run
much more smoothly on Linux (via the absence of data corruption and the
heinous concept and implementation of daily modem based data transfers
called polling) while providing additional benefits, such as seeing up to
the moment sales / inventory at any / all stores at once.  But, as Scott
mentions, the client tends to be a winolose workstation, rather than a
trimmed version of Linux. {deep sigh} One of these days...

dean