[luau] Mandrake 8.2/Evolution 1.0.2

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Mar 24 19:25:23 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Anderson" <andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "luau" <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 5:04 PM
Subject: [luau] Mandrake 8.2/Evolution 1.0.2

> I loaded Mandrake 8.2 which includes evolution 1.0.2. Roughly 50% of the
> time when I launch evolution, it opens to the Summary page and will not
> let me select any local folder. The Summary page displays -1/-1 for the
> message count of the Outbox and Inbox when it behaves in this manner. I
> simply close evolution and launch evolution again and everything is back
> to normal. Evolution often "forgets" my pop3 password after I close
> evolution, even though I select the box for the password to be
> remembered. I checked the permissions of my $HOME/evolution directory,
> and all seems normal.
>
> Anyone else with similar evolution experiences?
>
> Steve

After boot-up, does it always occur on the first attempt of starting
Evolution?

Below is from the Mandrake Cooker mailing list, I'm not sure if it is
related but it may help to isolate the problem in order to report a bug
report.  I personaly use IMAP with Evolution and not POP so we may be seeing
different behaviors.