[luau] Mandrake 8.2/Evolution 1.0.2

Steve Anderson andersons001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 19:49:32 PST 2002

> Below is from the Mandrake Cooker mailing list, I'm not sure if it is
> related but it may help to isolate the problem in order to report a bug
> report.  I personaly use IMAP with Evolution and not POP so we may be seeing
> different behaviors.
>

> Try running killev and oaf-slay, you have probably a bonobo-conf moniker
> in a strange state..
>
> --

Thanks for the info on those two neat utilities. oaf-slay does the trick
and provides nice details. I have only had the system running 20 hours,
so no reboot yet. After reading your email, I opened and closed
evolution a number of times to reproduce the error. It seems that
occasionally when I close evolution there are evidently some process
left running. Then when I open evolution again, it has conflicts with
the left over processes. I close evolution again, and evidently it then
kills the left over processes. Because the next time, evolution opens
correctly.

I will play around with it and check out the evolution and Mandrake bug
reports.

Steve Anderson