[luau] Road Runner

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Mar 23 14:53:05 PST 2002

I vaguely remember some problems with newer Intel eepro100 compatible NICs
in earlier 2.4.x kernels.  Judging by the 64bit PCI-X card, is this a big
multiple Xeon box from Dell?  Must be a very new Intel card.

Can you please try a newer kernel upgrade for Red Hat?  You can get the
latest 2.4.9 updated packages from here:

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2002-028.html

Use "rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.9.XXX.i386.rpm" to install additional kernels to
test.
But use "rpm -Uvh <packagename>" to upgrade kernel-headers, kernel-source,
kernel-DOC if those need updating too.  I know it is slightly confusing, but
just do it and it should give you additional kernel options at bootup if you
are using the GRUB boot menu.  Are you using GRUB or LILO boot menu?

There is a chance that even this updated 2.4.9 kernel wont have the updated
Intel eepro100 driver for this card.  You may need to try Linux Mandrake 8.2
instead that may work a lot better with its very new and heavily modified
2.4.18 kernel.