[luau] Road Runner

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Mar 22 18:52:37 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark P. Kellman
To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:32 PM
Subject: [luau] Road Runner

> I do not have the cable plugged into the ethernet card on my Linux box b/c
I'm using
> it for my Windows computer...
> , I'm just getting frustrated.  Why has NOONE else had this problem?
> I loaded RH several times
>so many websites about cable modem/RR and ANYONE who claims they can
> "just plug in" Road Runner on a RH 7.2 box and it runs instantly without a
> problem, you now have an open invite to come to my apartment.

Okay, this may seem like a completely obvious question, but have you tried
unplugging your Windows computer and plugging it into the ethernet of the
Linux computer?  How else would you plug the computer into RoadRunner?  The
USB cable wont work without special drivers.

02:02.2     Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation: Unknown device 1008 (rev
02)
                Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 011c
                Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
                Memory at fe920000  (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128k]
                Memory at fe920000  (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128k]
                I/O ports at cce0 [size=32]
                Expansion ROM at fe800000 [disabled] [size=128k]
                Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
                Capabilities: [e4] PCI-X non-bridge device.
                Capabilities: [f0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable

Is this a 64bit PCI card?  Do you have any idea what model ethernet card
this is?

p.s.
Please use plain text and not HTML posting, and why are you posting new
messages each time?  Please reply instead.