[luau] Road Runner

Mark P. Kellman mark_kellman at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:32:46 PST 2002

I do not have the cable plugged into the ethernet card on my Linux box b/c I'm using it for my Windows computer...BECAUSE IT WORKS without a problem.  Okay, I'm just getting frustrated.  Why has NOONE else had this problem?  I loaded RH several times, and its the same problem every time.  I've read through so many websites about cable modem/RR and ANYONE who claims they can "just plug in" Road Runner on a RH 7.2 box and it runs instantly without a problem, you now have an open invite to come to my apartment.

Here's what I get when I run "/sbin/lspci -v":

01:02.1     SCSI sotrage controller: Adaptec 7899P (rev 01)
                Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 011c
                Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 30
                BIST result: 00
                I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
                Memory at feb00000  (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4k]
                Expansion ROM at fea00000 [disabled] [size=128k]
                Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2

02:02.2     Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation: Unknown device 1008 (rev 02)
                Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 011c
                Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
                Memory at fe920000  (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128k]
                Memory at fe920000  (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128k]
                I/O ports at cce0 [size=32]
                Expansion ROM at fe800000 [disabled] [size=128k]
                Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
                Capabilities: [e4] PCI-X non-bridge device.
                Capabilities: [f0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable