[luau] Dvorak: Is Linux your Next OS?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Mar 18 20:30:08 PST 2002

I remember reading stuff by PC Magazine pundit John Dvorak a few years ago
thinking, "My god is this guy an idiot."  But for once I totally agree with
all of his points.  Dvorak talks about the top 5 things that must be
improved for Linux to be accepted on the desktop.

http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s=1500&a=23172,00.asp

"Unfortunately, the Linux community spends too much of its energy on things
such as nomenclature (like the name GNU/Linux versus Linux). I sense that
Linux is at a crossroads of becoming very important or becoming a footnote
in desktop OS history. Right now, I'm banking on it becoming very
important-and I mean on the desktop."