[luau] dns question?

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Wed Mar 6 13:20:52 PST 2002

Thanks for the suggestion, Jim.  Good to hear from you.  The hosts file
in the %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc was the ticket for the win2k
box.  It doesn't seem to do the trick on the win98 box as yuser
suggested.  Ken suggested looking at the link at  http://lmhosts.tcp-
ip.nu about lmhosts.  I have tried it as well on the win98 box to no
avail.  The mail server is pingable from the win98 box, hosts and
lmhosts just don't seem to be resolving to the domain I have chosen and
used successfully on the win2k box.  I have made sure that they kept
their *.sam extension in the name, so I reckon its not a text formatting
issue.  Any suggestions.

I can use the mail server just fine with its ip address from any of the
clients.  It is comfortable doing all this relaying, but using a name
would be so much more fun.

scott