[luau] Open source for Mac OS X?

mathisha mathisha at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jun 26 20:16:00 PDT 2002

There's a project called Fink    http://fink.sourceforge.net/index.php
Here's their descriptive blurb.

"The Fink project wants to bring the full world of Unix Open Source
software to Darwin and Mac OS X. We modify Unix software so that it
compiles and runs on Mac OS X ("port" it) and make it available for
download as a coherent distribution. Fink uses Debian tools like dpkg and
apt-get to provide powerful binary package management. You can choose
whether you want to download precompiled binary packages or build
everything from source. "

Apparently Fink has a GUI front end
http://finkcommander.sourceforge.net/index.php

Having said all that, I don't use OSX anymore. Even with a 384 MB RAM and a
G3 processor the gui is very slugish. Rather stick to Linux :) and OS 9.

Mathisha