[luau] TUTORIAL: Adding Additional Hard Drives in Linux

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jun 4 22:25:01 PDT 2002

Tutorial: Adding Additional Hard Drives in Linux
The Theory Behind Hard Drive Management
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/4232/1/

"How can I add one more hard disk?", "What should I do if my collegue brings
a new hard disk and I have to copy my files there?", "When I was using
Windows, one could see the new disk immediately and Linux is too complex!"
These are some of the common questions and concerns of new Linux users, who
are facing the problem of adding of a new hard drive. Some of them are so
accustomed to Windows that they can not think any other way, so they come up
with such statements as "I have used fdisk and format programs, but there
are no such ones in Linux!"
(continued in article)