[luau] SANs

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Wed Jun 5 08:35:00 PDT 2002

I actually normally configure them for RAID5...typically 4 drives striped
and 1 drive parity.  However, I've also setup 3 drives striped and 1 drive
parity.  A little slower, but LOTS more reliable.

Now having said that, I've also done nutso and went crazy once and did a
mirrored RAID5 across two jbods...but this was a financial system that was
logging fund transfers....so I figured we should be paranoid about it.
Can't remember what it was, but I think some folks call it RAID10.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311