[luau] MSWindows

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jul 28 19:19:01 PDT 2002

On Sunday 28 July 2002 07:49, you wrote:
> Jimen Ching wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Daniel J Nishimura wrote:

> > By the way, Linux and Unix isn't harder to configure, it is just that the
> > configuration is NOT LIKE Windows.  People are so brain washed into the
> > Windows way of doing things, that anything else is considered
> > 'difficult'.
> >
> > Sorry if this turned into a rant.  I am just tired of people complaining
> > why Unix is so user unfriendly, and why programmers like myself flock to
> > Linux.  Even if you look just at the surface only, the answer is so
> > obvious.
> >
> > --jc
>
> Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head with those last two
> paragraphs.  Linux isn't inherently harder to use for "Average Joe" (who
> doesn't isntall his own OS or most of his software anyway), it's just
> *different*, and that scares Joe.
>
> --MonMotha

  Scares me a little so I cant complain.
  Sometimes doing the simplest thing like loading flash 6 to my RH71 so
  my daughter can check out zoogdisney.. Just trying to get her used to
  Linux.  But I must have did something wrong and the Flash site was
   incorrect in the instructions on how to install on a Linux machine.