[luau] Red Hat vs. Mandrake vs. SuSE

Carl Tucker cft at panix.com
Thu Jul 11 20:59:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:41:34PM -1000, al plant wrote:
> Aloha! Carl,
>
> I didn't know there was another FreeBSD user on this list besides me.
>
> I have five of the boxes. Including a laptop.
> Funny to setup on some hardware, but very solid.

Well, I'm new to the list a couple of days ago.  Thanks for
the aloha.

I had a smooth install of FreeBSD on every machine so far, except
for the Sony VAIO laptop.  Kept hanging on boot trying to probe the
PCMCIA card network adapter.  I fixed it with a little digging
on the -questions mailing list.

That was with 4.3-RELEASE.  I neglected to write down what I did
to fix it, but since 4.4-RELEASE, it hasn't come up again, even
with clean installs on the same machine.

FreeBSD finally gave me the peace of mind to ditch windows.
The haphazard Linux release engineering always left me too
confused to get rid of the safety net.

--
Carl Tucker
cft at panix.com