[luau] Red Hat vs. Mandrake vs. SuSE

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jul 10 20:59:00 PDT 2002

FreeBSD certainly has its potential.  My experience is that KDE runs
"substantially" faster in FreeBSD 4.5 than any Linux distro that I have
ever tested.  However, I believe such a speed advantage may have a lot
to do with the unavailability of most hardware detection functions in
FreeBSD than any difference in the kernel architecture.

With respect to the subject "Red Hat vs. Mandrake vs. SuSE", I am
actually in a very serious mode (definitely not in an experimental
mode).  I am very interested in a Linux distro that can legitimately
replace Windows for business desktops.

I have all the four FreeBSD 4.6 CDs, but there is just so much time in life.