Mac Wireless Hookup to Linux Router

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jan 13 17:22:48 PST 2002

Aloha all,

	I'm having a little trouble getting an iMac (Mac OS9) to connect to a
wireless access point and hence my Linux router.  My WAP is not an
"airport base station" device, it is a US Robotics Wireless Access Point.
 The US Robotics WAP does work with my other computers on my home LAN.
This leaves the iMac as the last link in my home LAN.  So far, I have
been able to get the iMac to recognize the airport wireless card that I
installed in the iMac, but when I try to configure it, I cannot get the
software to "connect to an established network."  I'm told by the Apple
folks that the card I bought will connect to any 802.11b network, so it
should work, I just can't follow the "idiot install instructions" that
came with the airport card and get it to connect to an existing 802.11b
network.

	Any ideas???

Thanks in advance,

Ben