Help! Need Legal Advice!

Jim Roby jroby at aloha.net
Thu Feb 28 17:56:11 PST 2002

I have been burnt a few times;send them an itimized bill showing charges
for your time,and materials provived.Place at the bottom a statement
of terms  Net 30     meaning payment in 30 days,wait 30 days and if they
don't come around take your bill to a collection agency...they will nic
you sometimes a 1/3 but something is better than nothing.Very often this
really gets their attention since they don't want bad marks on their credit
rating.Know that if the bill goes over 60 days,statistics say you can kiss
it good bye.You do have the right to take it to small claims court,and from
what I understand (never have personally) the court is very friendly to the
one who provided the labor.

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 cpaul at telemetrybox.org wrote:

> Aloha,
>
> Well, it looks like I screwed up again.
>
> I didn't take my own advice and entered into an oral contract with a client.  At the completion of the project, the client decided to declare ignorance to the knowledge that I worked for an hourly rate.
>
> I have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but I was wondering if anybody else here has had experience with contract disputes in the state of Hawaii.  This company really tried to hustle me on this one.
>
> FWIW, Don't accept any offers to work on PHP code for FishbowlTours.com
>

> Aloha,
> Charles
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to luau as: jroby at ALOHA.NET

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it."             -- George Bernard Shaw