Mailbox Conversion - Assistance Needed

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Feb 28 03:29:27 PST 2002

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/pipermail/luau/
The Majordomo archives from 1998-1999 imported really nicely into Pipermail,
but unfortunately the Lyris archives have a broken date format that doesn't
seem to be understandable to any mbox client that I tested.

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/luau_import/majordomo_luau_1998-1999.mbox.bz2
You can download the Majordomo archives here.

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/luau_import/exp-arc.pl
This is a really basic perl script that pulls the mail out of the Lyris
FoxPro database and attempts to export to a flat mbox text file.  It doesn't
do any grokking of the date format and instead pastes the entire date as-is
into the output.  The date format within the database itself must be
incorrect.

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/luau_import/lyris_luau_2000-2002.mbox.bz2
Broken Lyris exported archives.

Can anyone either hack this Lyris exporting script or make a secondary
script that will transform the broken exported archives into valid mbox?  In
addition to the broken date format I also suspect that it may be inserting
too many newlines (CRLF?) between messages, although I am not certain if
this breaks things.

Anytime you can do this would be fine, as we can import this portion of the
archives into Mailman/Pipermail at any time in the future. Your assistance
would be greatly appreciated!

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com