Mailing List Capacity Reached! CRAP!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Feb 22 02:08:17 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Mings" <jeffm at lava.net>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 10:53 PM
Subject: [luau] Re: Mailing List Capacity Reached! CRAP!

> Warren,
>     Thanks again for all of the time and effort you put into the local
> Linux/open source community.  I still don't understand how you manage to
> get so much done while attending school and actually sleeping at night.
>  I'm sure that Mailman will do the job nicely.
>     As for changing the name, yes it's overdue.  I was a member of the
> old LUAU, and attended meetings when we met at the Manoa Innovation
> Center, which is were LUAU first met yourself.  My only concern in
> changing the name is that it be done in such a way that people not get
> lost.  I, for one, will have to change my .procmailrc file in advance to
> ensure that my spam filters don't kill off mailing list messages.
>
> -Jeff

If we do move to Mailman and/or another server or list name, the two mailing
lists will be running in parallel during a transition period.  Everyone will
have much warning to change their filtering rules.

I'll wait and hear what JAY at HI.NET says about this.  If Mailman and
increased mailings wont be too much of a burden on their company then I'd
like to leave the list hosted there, but otherwise we can take care of it
ourselves.