[luau] [Fwd: Athlon Comptuer] / Hard Drive

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Dec 27 17:23:00 PST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
>OK? If you are interested in the transparency issue, read the Dec 18
>issue of Nihon Keizai Shinbum.

Is this a newspaper?  Can it be found online?  Can I find it at the State
Library?

>But everyone in our state gov is still clueless.  (Warren, does that
>explain to you why I am so agitated?)

I want this hostname thread to die as well.  But I do want to understand
the bigger picture of Linux transparency and privacy.  What is the
relationship between transparency (or the lack there of) and privacy?
I would imagine they would be orthogonal.  It would help if you could
explain it without referencing hostname and/or DHCP.  I assume the
transparency/privacy issues go beyond this tool.

Also, does the article you mentioned above discuss the definition of
transparency?  My definition of transparency is--the behavior of a system
that does not require user intervention.  Is this what we are talking
about?

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org